Vittorazi Moster 185 Plus Dual Start MY 22
Moster 185 Plus MY22
The most important activity that has been carried out is of the exhaust, the component that was most implemented, with the modification of the following elements:
-New geometry of the ‘bronze bush’ made with special materials, and increased contact surface area, to offer greater durability and maximum system safety;
-Reinforced manifold with a “double rib” welding system that offers greater security for a more stable and repeatable manufacturing process;
-A second joint has been added which has led to a significant improvement: it stops the transfer of vibrations from the engine to the muffler and reduces the load on the manifold, created by the weight and accelerations of the exhaust.
For the engine components of the Moster 185, which are already excellent, we have made the following further improvements:
– New cylinder Nikasil plating treatment, for greater performance and durability;
– Anti-rotation device for pull starter shaft;
– New material for the airbox rubber sleeve, to ensure longer life and stability of the system;
– BR9 spark plug with steel pin, for greater stability of the cap;
– Oil-seals of the highest quality and durability, always Made in Italy;
– Treatment of all screws with an anti-corrosion system.
Vittorazi does not include a prop spacer or prop bolts with their engines due to the many propeller and spacer combinations that are currently available on the market. Our recommended propeller/prop spacer and prop/propeller bolts are linked below. This bolt(s) and spacer combination will work with Helix, Gravity, Glidersports and E-Prop brand propellers.
Recommended Prop Spacer – SPACER M120
Recommended Prop Spacer – Bolt(s) M119
Moster185?plus.?The smallest and?most powerful?engine?in its category.
Successfully introduced during the latest ??Coupe Icare?? in September 2016, Vittorazi Motors is very proud to announce the launch of the new?Electric Starter?and the?Dual Starter?(Pull&Electric) for the Moster185 Plus and Moster185 Silent. After one year of hard work in conjunction with FIEM ELETTROMECCANICA, Vittorazi Motors was able to make something which is compact, lightweight, long-standing and compatible with the layout. Electric and Dual Starter are the best response to our customers’ needs under many circumstances:
- It is very functional on the paramotor and an equally functional and comfortable product when used on trike;
- It is efficient and reliable for all kind of ultralight vehicles and for all those situations in which the manual starter could result difficult to initiate;
- The convenience and safety of ignition guarantees the possibility to start and stop the engine in any time (even during the flight) and without any problem at all;
- Gives the pilot the necessary safety when starting and heating the engine while on the ground.
If we have waited so long for releasing such product that many other companies already have, it is because Vittorazi Motors has always sought for perfection in order to always guarantee the best safety and quality performance to all its pilots.
We hope you will take with enthusiasm this adjustment that we were able to accomplish as a commitment to your needs.
Vittorazi is happy to present its new Moster185 line engine series, the 2016 ??Dark Evolution??, in the occasion of its 20th year of activity in the field of paramotor production.
Its total black dress is what catches your attention at first: the black castings, transmission, head and exhaust pipe convey elegance and determination, and these black elements are the background to details in bright orange, the Vittorazi’s brand representative color.
However, the real innovation is the technological ??evolution?? used in this new series production:
- new clutch: machined from solid, obtained through CNC machining of highly resistant alloy steel; very precise in geometry and, consequently, in weight.
- evolution of the 3S starter Soft Starter System: all the starter components are made through injection moulding. The new geometrical shape optimizes the lightness and mechanic resistance of the structure.
- new carbon fiber silencer: using this material has allowed reducing the engine weight by 70 grams. Also, it has conveyed an aggressive look and a definitely ??racing?? sound to the engine.
- new painting of castings, (carter and engine support): a paint specifically tested for engines, resistant to high temperatures has been used, offering greater protection and safety against the oxides caused by atmospheric agents.
- new cooling conveyor made of carbon fiber and a cylinder head, specifically redesigned to facilitate its installation on the engine.
The Moster evolution never stops. There is always a technological gap for the competitors to be filled.
Vittorazi is going to follow carefully the Moster development, working continuously to go beyond its limits.
Any evolution, any little detail, and technical solution aim at increasing the quality, performance and safety of their products.
The main added value of this new version is given by the clutch.
This integrated device significantly reduces vibrations at idle speed and it increases safety during pre-flight routine (propeller at rest). The vibrations are almost imperceptible at all engine speeds, while the weight distribution and the size of the engine minimize the torque effect.
The other notable improvement has been achieved with the introduction of the new exhaust system, extremely quiet and performing at the same time. The entire engine has been designed to obtain the minimum noise emission, which is attenuated by the air box, the transmission belt, a special “Db-killer” silencer, and the choice of the best propellers.
The “soft starter system” (3S) is one of the new advantages. It is a manual start system that allows the engine to start,? both in flight and on the ground, with a single pull through the use of only one hand.
The Moster185 plus structure is basic and simple and it has a compact design. The total weight of the engine is 14.2 kg in the manual start version. The “plug & play” installation of the engine is quick and easy. The cooling of the thermal group is secured by propellers with dedicated profiles or conveyors specifically designed and tested.
The engine develops a maximum power of 25HP at 7,800 RPM. It is recommended for a total weight of pilot paramotor or trike ranging from 100 to 160 kg. The thrust is smooth and linear up to 75 kg with a 130 cm propeller (70 kg with a 122 cm propeller).
The fuel consumption of this engine, significantly reduced, is about 4.0 liters/hour considering a cruise flight.
Thanks to the Walbro diaphragm carburetor, the engine is not affected by bending in preparation for takeoff or during flight, and it maintains a constant idle speed.
|?? 66 mms
|25 hp at 7.800 rpm
|Single cylinder in aluminum Nicasil chromed
|HQ diamond profile, graphite coating, 2 rings chromed
|Silencer air-box – Walbro carburetor – Reed valve intake
|Extraction from propeller
|Manual pull start -?3S (Soft Starter System)
|ratio 1/2.68 – 1/2.87 – PolyV belt.
|EGT 550? – CHT 250?
|Hand-made with?carbon “Db-Killer”?silencer
|Unleaded gasoline – Synthetic oil 2.5 %
|3.8 – 4.2 liters/hour at 30kg of static thrust, propeller 125cms at 5600 RPM
|14.2 kg; pull starter version
|14.6 Kg electric starter version