Charly Diamond Cross Steerable Reserve
DIAMONDcross ST light
The first steerable rescue system for absolutely everyone! Even with complete passivity of the pilot, it has no disadvantages compared to non-steerable reserves.
- Just like conventional cross canopies, the DIAMONDcross after opening initially enters a stall with vertical sinking. This reliably prevents a downplane position of the reserve.
- The S-shaped profile of the DIAMONDcross canopy provides a high righting moment and ensures that the paraglider is quickly unloaded and dives down. This prevents the risk of a stable shear position between the reserve and the paraglider, facilitates pulling in the paraglider and even allows the unhooking of one riser with Pinlock or conventional carabiners.
- Due to different line lengths, the base of the DIAMONDcross is fanned out in a zigzag pattern. This significantly accelerates the air intake into the canopy. However, it is associated with a substantially higher production effort.
- Effective reduction of the risk of of entanglements with the main glider: The lines of the DIAMONDcross are made longer, so that the canopy opens approximately in the radius of the main glider and not within reach of the paraglider lines.
- Soft Dyneema line material enables steering even with multiple twists.
- The inner container has been developed on the G-Force Trainer and features an extra compartment for the lines; it is available for both integrated and front containers.
- The ultra-fine woven and waterproof finished fabric allows minimal weight and packing volume with sufficient robustness.
- Although the packing method of the DIAMONDcross is slightly different from that of a conventional cross canopy, it does not involve more effort.