Nova Prion 3
The Nova Prion 3 is now available!
More paraglider. The PRION 3 is full of features which make it very safe but it also has lots of performance. Whether you are doing top-to-bottoms, crossing valleys or attempting FAI triangles - the PRION 3 is simple to fly and convinces with its playful handling and impressive performance. There are no limits to your adventures.
Light and progressive. Less weight, same durability: the PRION 3 is a weight-optimised wing that is also tough. The outer shell is made of robust material but the glider weight is reduced through lightweight materials and innovative structural design inside the wing. The result is a wing that is light to carry, easy to launch but still tough and durable.
Simple and safe. Like its predecessors, the PRION 3 is brilliantly simple: few lines means easy sorting. The low aspect ratio of 4.7 means a high degree of passive safety. The handling is agile and also balanced, which helps pilots during all phases of a flight. Other safety features are the thoughtfully designed riser and adjustable brake handles.
The Record Wing
On the 11th of August, Robert Schaller flew a 209 km FAI-triangle on a PRION 3 – the highest score so far on an EN-A certified paraglider. The 25-year-old student launched from Grente (South Tyrol), set his turnpoints near Grossglockner Mountain, west of Wilder Freiger (southern end of Stubai valley) and in the Badia valley (South Tyrol). He landed after 8:43 near St. Martin in Badia valley. He achieved this with an average speed of 24 km/h.
The Nova PRION 3 is a good-natured wing with simple and balanced flying characteristics, which makes it the perfect paraglider for newcomers and improvers. The PRION 3 convinces with complete simplicity when sorting lines, its launch characteristics and when turning. Thanks to its excellent performance, there is good potential for cross-country flights.
Nova PRION 3 specification
- the risers are differentiated by colours: red (left) and green (right). This colour coding also features on the ALTUS harness. This helps to avoid clipping in the wrong way.
- The PRION 3 is fitted with an Adjustable Handle as standard. This is an innovative brake handle, which can be individually adjusted to the pilot's hand and this makes it easier to hold in the correct position. The Adjustable Handle was developed in collaboration with the DHV.
- The risers and lines follow the PMA recommended colour scheme: A = red, B = yellow, C = blue, brake = orange, stabilo line = green.
- Inside the wing, the PRION 3 is weight-optimised, which makes it easier to carry, easier to launch and smoother in extreme flight. For more information see the Weight Optimised section below.
- The PRION 3 is full of NOVA's innovations like Smart Cells or Double 3D Shaping - for more information see the Technologies section below.
Safety Wing Tips
Locked-in spirals are a significant risk in paragliding. To reduce the risk of such a locked-in spiral we have fitted the PRION 3 with Safety Wing Tips. These are specially angled wing tips, which assist when exiting a spiral. When the brake pressure is reduced, the PRION 3 has a tendency to right itself to a normal flying attitude.
The Safety Wing Tips of the PRION 3 assist the righting moment and therefore the passive safety of the wing.