Garmin inReach Explorer+
Explore Anywhere- Communicate Globally
- inReach Explorer+ device adds preloaded DeLorme® TOPO maps with onscreen GPS routing plus built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- Small, rugged, lightweight satellite communicator enables two-way text messaging via 100% global Iridium® satellite network (satellite subscription required)
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center (satellite subscription required)
- Access downloadable maps, U.S. NOAA charts, color aerial imagery and more by using the free Garmin Earthmate® app and compatibledevices
- Optional inReach weather forecast service provides detailed updates directly to your inReach Explorer+ or paired device; basic and premium weather packages available
- Send and receive inReach messages through compatible Garmin devices, including connected wearables and handhelds
Using the worldwide coverage of the Iridium satellite network, these go-anywhere portable devices let you exchange text messages with any cell phone number or email address — while using GPS to track and share your journey’s progress. You can also post to social media or even communicate inReach-to-inReach in the field.
In case of an at-risk situation, you can also use inReach to trigger an SOS to the 24/7 monitoring center, text back and forth about the nature of your emergency, and receive confirmation when help is on the way.
Who will answer your SOS? GEOS will.
GEOS is the world leader in emergency response solutions and monitoring. They’ve supported rescues in more than 140 countries, saving many lives in the process. And they’re standing by 24/7 to respond to your SOS, track your device and notify the proper contacts and emergency responders in your area. Once you’ve triggered a distress signal, you can expect a delivery confirmation that help is on the way and be continually updated on the status of your response team.
Multiple Ways to Connect
Wireless unit-to-unit connectivity lets you remotely control inReach Explorer+ to send and receive messages using compatible Garmin handhelds, wearables or other mobile devices. GPS-based location tracking lets you share your whereabouts with those at home or out in the field. You can also post your adventures on social media. For basic navigation, there’s a compass that shows bearing and distance along a route or to a waypoint.
Pair with your Mobile Device
For even more capability and convenience, the free Earthmate app syncs your inReach handheld via Bluetooth® wireless technology with your compatible Apple® or Android™ device so you can access unlimited maps, aerial imagery and U.S. NOAA charts. Plus, Earthmate allows you to conveniently use all of the inReach features on your paired mobile device. For easier messaging, you can also access your phone’s contact list from the Earthmate app to connect with fewer keystrokes.
Get Weather on the Go
The optional inReach weather forecast service provides detailed updates directly to your inReach Explorer+ or compatible device paired with the Earthmate app, so you’ll know what conditions to expect en route. Basic and premium weather packages are offered. And you can request weather forecasts for your current location or any other waypoint or destination on your itinerary.
|PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS||2.7" x 6.5" x 1.5" (6.8 x 16.4 x 3.8 cm) with keypad and SOS door bump|
|DISPLAY SIZE||1.4"W x 1.9"H (3.5 x 4.7 cm); 2.31" diag (5.9 cm)|
|DISPLAY RESOLUTION||200 x 265 pixels|
|DISPLAY TYPE||transflective color TFT|
7.5 oz (213.0 g)
|BATTERY||Rechargeable internal lithium ion|
|BATTERY LIFE||Up to 100 hours at 10-minute tracking mode (default); up to 75 hours at 10-minute tracking with 1-second logging; up to 30 days at the 30-minute interval power save mode; and up to 3 years when powered off|
Maps & Memory
yes. The North America SKU of the inReach Explorer+ comes preloaded with a 1:24k map of Garmin Yarmouth (Former DeLorme) North America data of the U.S. and Canada. Mexico also is included at a 1:125k scale (derived from Garmin Yarmouth’s Digital Atlas of the Earth).
|ABILITY TO ADD MAPS|
|COMPASS||Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)|
Outdoor Recreation Features